Sunday, March 16, 2008

frenemies

I have been coming online for about 8 or 9 years now and in all that time I have had only two people that I considered close friends from online. They both lived far away from me. One in CA the other in AZ. both female. Anyway the first was this girl and I got so involved in her life that I used to call her a lot, sent her valentines chocolate, birthday cards what have you. Later on I found out it was all a game and she was playing me for a joke lying to me about everything...that hurt. The other girl we were not as close but I still considered her a friend. I sent her a gift on her birthday and always remembered her birthday even if I could only send her an e-card. Recently I realized something when I was chatting with her online that I don't matter to her at all. All the conversations we had were about her and her family she never asked anything about me or took any interest in anything I was doing. She never initiated a conversation online and if she answered my question it would be terse one-line answers sometimes. She never sent me a birthday card e-card or real. So I had to tell myself that SHE WAS NOT REALLY MY FRIEND.

No comments: