Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Why We Watch The Oscars


The ratings for the Oscars were low and people wondered why? I imagine that the ratings fluctuate each year depending on what and who is nominated. I can give a little insight into why I watch certain broadcast which may shine some light on the ratings. I only watch the Oscars win I am interested in who will win, I am not that big a fan of acting that I will watch regardless. I think the show is really a show for actors sort of a high school award ceremony for Hollywood. I watched one year when lord of the rings was nominated.

One year I watched because Chris rock was hosting and I wanted to see what he would say.




Other years actors were nominated that gave performances that the public were really buzzed about and the actors were famous or well known.




And when three 6 mafia was nominated for "it's hard out here for a pimp" i tuned in to see how they would be received by the usually stodgy Oscars.

No comments: